Foundation of Light will be delivering a FREE FA Primary Teachers Award course to practising and aspiring primary school teachers this February.
Delegates will be given a basic introduction to the skills required when planning to deliver a KS1 or KS2 PE lesson; The FA’s DNA Philosophy by creating a learning environment through competitive and modified games; and how to develop practice to accelerate learning.
The award also includes elements associated with working with a school team linked to The FA’s Youth Development Review.
Throughout the course, the tutors will also explain the importance of high quality PE in schools to develop confidence, self-esteem and belief amongst children and the benefits of PE in raising academic achievement across other school subjects.
At the end of the course the learner will:
- Have a greater awareness of the contribution of invasion games have to KS1 & 2 PE purpose of study
- Understand The FA’s playing and coaching philosophy (England DNA)
- Understand how to set up an organised football activity session
- Understand how to organise basic FUNdamental games to help develop Physical Literacy
- Have an understanding of how to modify practices to manage difference
- Understand how to set up 4v4 games for young players
- Have an understanding of how to further their knowledge and understanding of association football through attending relevant courses
Candidates will gain a resource booklet and a recognised qualification on completion.
The course will be held at City Space on the University of Sunderland’s City Campus (SR1 3SD) on Friday 9th February.
For more information or to book, email email@example.com or call 0191 5318.
19 January 2018