Foundation of Light’s Netball Scholarship gives talented players aged 16-18 years old the opportunity to represent Sunderland and gain nationally recognised qualifications through an extensive netball and education programme.
Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity Development (equivalent to three A Levels).
Our academic programme allows students to develop the essential skills, knowledge and qualifications required to progress into a career in sport or leisure, either directly, or through higher education or our Foundation course.
• Combination of theory and practical lessons
• Train and play like a professional player
• Opportunity to gain Level 1 in Netball Coaching
• Train up to five days a week at the Beacon of Light campus
• Be given individual learning opportunities as well as position specific training
• Have access to Commonwealth games bronze medalist Lisa Stanley-Craig
• At least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English (grade 4)
• Level 2 is available for those who do not meet the requirements, subject to an interview
Students will have access to the Foundation of Lights wide range of programmes to help them focus on their career path, offering chances to be trained and gain experience in their chosen field whilst still studying.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 563 4777.