Here at Foundation of Light, we offer a wide range of disability programmes to ensure young people and adults across the North-East can enjoy sport, an active lifestyle and build friendships.
Making Moves, our disability coaching team, deliver fun, exciting and challenging sessions and activities which help develop gross motor skills, balance and coordination as well as encouraging teamwork, communication and confidence.
- Your Health (Multi Sports) 2-3pm @ Beacon of Light (16 years+)
- Dance (4.30-5.30pm) @ Beacon of Light (5 – 14 years)
- Your Health (Football) 10-11am @ Beacon of Light (16 years+)
- Multi Sports (4.30-5.30pm) @ Beacon of Light (5 – 14 years)
- Every Player Counts (Football) 1.30-2.30pm @ Beacon of Light (16 years+)
- Sensory Play (4.30-.30pm) @ Beacon of Light (5 – 14 years)
- Saturday FC (9-10am) @ Beacon of Light (5 years+)
Sportability Club (Multisports)
Our Sportability Club provides young people from 5 years and above who have a range of disabilities and learning disabilities with the opportunity to take part in a range of sporting activities including Football, Tag Rugby, Tennis, Cricket, Athletics and many more.
Every Player Counts (Football)
Players can progress into weekly league competitions and are welcome to attend as individuals or as a team.
Saturday Football Club
Our weekly Saturday FC sessions provide those with disabilities (and their siblings) with an opportunity to develop and participate in small-sided games and fun activities within a safe and positive environment. Sessions take place at the Beacon of Light, 9-10am every Saturday and are priced at just £3 per player – no need to book, just pay and play.