The Beacon of Light School has a wide range of policies and procedures which govern its safe and compliant operation. These are drawn from guidance and good practice established across the UK and reviewed on a periodic basis by the school and approved by the School’s Board of Governors.
Beacon of Light School Policies (updated September 2016)
- ASDAN Appeals Short Statement
- ASDAN Appeals Policy
- ASDAN Access to Fair Assessment Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour for Learning
- Charging and Remissions
- Child Protection
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Equality & Diversity
- E-Safety Policy
- Exclusion Policy
- Restrictive Physical Intervention
- Screening, Searching and Confiscation
- Staff Behaviour
- Students with Medical Needs
- Unnacompanied Travel To and From School
All policies are currently under review for 2017/18. Updated versions will be available soon.
- Paper copies of the policies are available on request by emailing email@example.com, by calling 0191 5515191 or writing to Beacon of Light School, Stadium of Light, Sunderland, SR5 1SU.
A life-changing school where education and opportunity lead the way to a brighter future. We inspire, encourage and nurture all our students to learn more, do more and be more.