Foundation of Light’s highly-successful Football Scholarship is recruiting NOW ahead of the 2018-19 season.
Information evenings will be held throughout February which are the perfect opportunity for 2018 school leavers to find out more about the programme, meet the coaching and education team, and discuss their options for the future.
The Foundation will also be hosting open training sessions which will showcase the Scholarship’s coaching style and how players’ training, preparation and strength and conditioning can be taken to the next level.
The Scholarship has helped me massively. From a year and a half ago I wasn’t the player I am now.
The coaches do anything for you to make you a better footballer and constantly give you opportunities to get into clubs and achieve your dream.
Launched in 2016, the programme has been a huge success with Monkwearmouth Scholars winning the NFYL U19 League and Trophy double while the Ladies Scholars lifted the inaugural NFYL Girls Cup at St George’ Park in their first seasons.
Off the pitch, Extended Diplomas in Sport and Physical Activity Development (equivalent to three A Levels) as well as FA awards in Football Coaching provides a platform for graduates to on to higher education at home or abroad as well as pursue careers in coaching, sports science, sports journalism or physiotherapy.
Jamie Wright, Foundation of Light’s Assistant Director, said: “The open evenings are a fantastic opportunity for players to come along and learn more about the programme, get to know our coaches and staff and find out if the Scholarship will suitable for them.
“Working with our UEFA A and UEFA B qualified coaches and education specialists, players are supported with a first-class football coaching and education programme which mirrors the schedules of players at professional football academies.”
- Mens: Stadium of Light, Tuesday 20th February (6-8pm)
- Mens: Dean Street (Shildon AFC), Thursday 8th February (7-8pm)
- Mens: Hermitage Academy, TBC.
- Ladies: Stadium of Light, Wednesday 7th February (6-8pm)
Open Training Sessions:
- Ladies (Years 7 and 8): Monkwearmouth Academy, Wednesday 14th February (9.30am-12pm)
- Ladies (Years 9 and 10): Monkearmouth Academy, Thursday 15th February (9.30am-12pm)
- Ladies (Year 11): Monkwearmouth Academy, Friday 16th February (9.30am-12pm)
- Mens (Year 11): Monkwearmouth Academy, Friday 16th February (10am-3pm)
- Mens (Year 11): Sunnydale Leisure Centre (Shildon), Friday 16th February (10am-12pm)
- Mens (Year 11): Hermitage Academy, TBC
Minimum of 5 GCSEs including English and Maths (applicants who do not meet the Level 3 requirements will be considered for Level 2 on an individual basis).
Call 0191 551 5077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your place.
16 January 2018