Sunderland AFC legend Niall Quinn has thrown his weight behind the brand new matchday lottery introduced by the Foundation of Light.
The former Black Cats chairman has given the Ha’way and Play draw a glowing endorsement as he admits it’s a vital lifeline in supporting the football club’s official charity.
A long-term ambassador of the club’s charitable arm, Quinn said: “The new matchday lottery is the Foundation’s response to the hand COVID has dealt them.
“The Foundation of Light has long been a beneficiary of the matchday lottery. Without matchdays as we know them, the Foundation is missing out on this important income.
“A solution to the problem is to go digital – and the Foundation has done just that!
Ha’way and Play takes place at every SAFC home game, it offers more ways to play, more prizes to win and it’s a great way to support the football club’s official charity:
- Buy tickets online at hawayandplay.com
- Tickets start at £5 with five chances to win
- Proceeds are split 50-50 between prize pot and the Foundation
- Bonus chance of winning with a rollover jackpot each week
- Draw made during second half of each SAFC home game
- Winning number will be posted online, in the matchday programme and all entrants receive an email
Ha’way and Play will also offer opportunities to win additional prizes over the course of the season, including signed merchandise, mini-breaks and SAFC experiences.
Fans can purchase tickets online in advance of each SAFC home game and up until half time. Once we return to the Stadium of Light, there will be sellers located in and around the ground that you can buy tickets from.
Find out more about the new lottery and buy your tickets at www.hawayandplay.com
Written By Kate Smith
29 October 2020