The Beacon of Light will be the place to be this October half-term as it hosts an action-packed calendar of Foundation of Light holiday courses.
As well as a comprehensive range of football and multi-sport holiday courses, ‘Halloween at the Beacon of Light’ features brand new events including:
- Fortneet Camp – a Mackem take on a global phenomenon, youngsters battle their friends with Nerf guns in the Beacon’s indoor arena
- Spooky Cooking – children and families can join us in the Beacon Kitchen to learn some new baking tricks and make some devilishly good Halloween-themed treats
- Study and Play – for children aged 9-11 who would like support in revising for their upcoming SATs whilst having fun playing lots of different sports
- Study and Train – for teenagers aged 14-16 who love sport but aren’t so keen on revising for their GCSEs. Join us for a day of multi-sports and football, with some GCSE Maths and English revision too
- Halloween Parties – We’re hosting three Halloween parties, so grab your fancy dress and show us your scariest faces!
Speaking about the Halloween at the Beacon of Light, Foundation of Light Director of Programmes, Jamie Wright said: “After a really successful summer, we are looking forward to an action-packed programme of holiday courses this October half-term.
“We would love the Beacon of Light to become a destination of choice for families in the holidays where they can get together, have fun and learn something new.
Over 200,000 people have visited us since we opened in September 2018 and we are quickly becoming a much loved community hub which, through the Foundation of Light’s award-winning programmes, supports people of all ages to live healthier lives.”
11 October 2019