Every year, Foundation of Light takes a team of cyclists on an epic ride where friendships are forged, goals accomplished and great memories are made through the Foundation’s Cycle Challenges.
Previous Cycle Challenges have seen our team ride from Dublin to Sunderland; across Italy from Pisa to Venice; commemorating the 70th anniversary of World War Two by cycling 320 miles from Brussels to Paris; and travelling coast to coast in the Atlantic to Mediterranean challenge.
The fully supported ride is demanding enough for the keen cyclist but enjoyable for amateurs too who are looking for an interesting challenge, offering a truly great experience for all.
2019 route NOW BOOKING – Jura to Vosges Mountains, France
Day 1: Ferney Volatire to Pontarlier
- 74 miles, +5,800ft ascent
Starting at Ferney Voltaire on the outskirts of Geneva heading North over the Jura Mountains riding along the River Doubs before reaching Pontarlier.
Day 2: Pontarlier to Belfort
- 79 miles, +4,500ft ascent
The longest day with more down than uphill riding through the Doubs region of France.
Day 3: Belfort to Gerardmer
- 57 miles, +6,150ft ascent
Weaving north through the Vosges Mountains and wildlife park, this day’s ride includes the steepest climb of the challenge (4% for 12 miles)
Day 4: Gerardmer to Mulhouse
- 58 miles, +4,100ft ascent
A hilly 15 miles in the Vosges Mountains starts the day but riders will enjoy a long downhill section to the historic centre of Mulhouse in South Alsace.
- Brand exposure including in local and national press, on Foundation of Light Twitter and Facebook pages, on rider shirts and more.
Event Key Points
- Jura to Vosges Mountains, eastern France
- 16-21 June, 2019
- 268 miles over four days
- 20,500 feet of climbing
Secure your place
- Deposit of £250.
- Minimum fundraising pledge of £1,400.
- Fully supported ride
- Support vehicles
- Transport – Flights and transfers
- Food and drinks (NO alcohol)
- Celebration dinner
- Bespoke cycle jersey and cycle cap
- Bike check