Foundation of Light’s two-year Dance Academy programme, provides talented dancers aged 16-17 with the platform to gain their BTEC qualification in dance whilst gaining an understanding of working in the sports and physical activity sector.
Our academic programme allows students to develop the essential skills, knowledge and qualifications required to progress into a career in Performing Arts, dance or coaching either directly, or through higher education.
- Combination of theory and practical lessons
- Train and perform like a professional dancer
- Teaching in schools and the community
- Train up to five days a week at the Beacon of Light campus and Downhill Hub
- Have the opportunity to perform a range of dance styles in different environment
- Receive individual mentoring from experienced dance academy staff
At least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including Maths and English (grade 4).
Dance Academy students will have access to the Foundation of Light’s partner college, South Tyneside College, for all student services and career advice.
Students must be aged 16 or 17 on 31st August 2020.
For more information about Dance Academy contact firstname.lastname@example.org