The Fans’ Mental Health Pledge was created to help us overcome the stigma surrounding mental health amongst football fans, so that we can create a community where more people are able to ask, and get, the help and support that they need.
Our goal is to have every Sunderland AFC fan sign the pledge so that together we can show our support for our fellow fans and the wider community.
You can read more about the support currently being delivered by ourselves and our partners on our Head’s First Mental Health page.
To ‘sign’ the pledge please read the statements below and if you agree simply enter your details in the form below.
Please note: our data protection statement can be found HERE
- I believe that every football fan should have the freedom to discuss their mental health without fear of ridicule or reprisal.
- I want to help end suicides and create a community, through my football family and beyond, where people feel that suicide is not their only option.
- I want my football family to be one that is not afraid to ask ‘are you ok?’ or ‘how are you feeling?’, and not afraid of the answers to those questions.
- I want to end the stigma associated with mental health and suicide so that we can all live healthier, happier lives.
- I believe it is OK not to be OK and it’s always time to talk to someone you trust.
- I pledge to support campaigns in any way I can that promote positive mental health and support for those who need it. This may involve sharing social media posts about such campaigns or telling friends and other fans about them so that those who need it are more likely to see it.