Beacon of Light School Trustees
There are currently eight School Trustees, who form the Governing Body of Beacon of Light School.
The day to day running of the school is the responsibility of the Principal. It is the Governing Body's role to ensure that things are done correctly and each child receives his or her educational entitlement, as well as their whole needs being met.
As Chair I expect to work closely with the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team covering all aspects of school life.
There are three sub-committees which meet throughout the year with each Governor attending at least one set of meetings:
Trustee Sub-committee 1: Audit, Risk, Finance, Physical and Human Resources
- Professor Peter Fidler – Leadership / Finance
- Ros Potts – HR / Workforce Development
- Professor Roy Sandbach – Business / Enterprise
- Lesley Spuhler OBE – Sponsor Link
- Chris Gowland - Staff Trustee
Trustee Sub-committee 2: Student Support, Standards and Attainment
- Lynda Brown – SEN / Safeguarding / Behaviour / Attendance
- Debra Capeling – Parents Representative
- Graeme Shillinglaw – Curriculum / Teaching and Learning
- Sandra Mitchell - Local Authority Trustee
- Denise Taylor to attend Sub-committees 1 and 2 in part.
Trustee Sub-committee 3 - RENUMERATION COMITTEE
- Professor Peter Fidler
- Lesley Spuhler OBE
- Lynda Brown
Other sub-committees will be formed once the School has opened and will meet when necessary.
School Trustees are encouraged to establish specific staff links within school, reporting on visits several times a year. Governor training is also on offer during the year.
Professor Peter Fidler CBE, DL
Beacon of Light School Chair of Trustees