Opportunities at the Beacon of Light School
We are passionate about finding the right people to help us achieve our vision of using the power of football to involve, educate and inspire young people and their families across the North East through a broad range of innovative programmes that help improve their lives.
That's why we believe that the successful recruitment, retention and development of staff through professional qualifications, training and a values-led culture is vital to our success.
If you are passionate about helping people within this great region, and have expert skills to offer, we look forward to receiving your application.
In addition to paid employment, we also offer volunteering and non-paid student internship and apprenticeship opportunities.
All positions are based at the Stadium of Light unless otherwise stated in the job description. Foundation of Light is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
STUDENT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
We are currently seeking to appoint a passionate, committed and experienced member of support staff to join us for immediate start in September 2017 for one full academic year as we continue our journey in supporting the young people of the North East. This appointment will play a vital role in shaping the ethos, vision and values of our new school and make a positive impact on our young people, their families, communities, and future. We are creating an environment for personalised educational opportunities, where there are highest expectations for all members of the school community - this appointment is key to embedding these aims and aspirations.
If you are interested at the prospect of working in an environment where you can make a real impact, and where exciting things are happening, then we welcome an application from you.
The successful applicant will:
- Be resilient, enthusiastic and committed, with a proven ability of supporting students facing challenging circumstances to achieve their full potential
- Demonstrate an unrelenting commitment to providing the best educational experiences for our students
- Embed our commitment to achievement for all
- Inspire and motivate staff and students on a daily basis
- Play a key role in the day to day running of the school and its direction of progress
- Be prepared to go ‘the extra mile’ to ensure every student achieves to the very best of their ability
- Be passionate about the power of education to improve the quality of life and the chances of young people
In return we offer:
- The professional benefits that come from working with a collegiate and supportive team
- Exciting collaborative curriculum opportunities with partners, businesses, employers and outside agencies
- Opportunities to continue your professional development
- The unique chance to shape the direction of the Beacon of Light School from the outset
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 22nd August 2017 at 12 noon
Interview date: w/b Monday 28th August 2017
Start date: Monday 4th September 2017 (Enhanced DBS clearance permitting)